Annually in the world, 1.3 million people lose their lives in car accidents and another 50 million remain with serious injuries forever. In United States, there are nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents a year, which averages about 17600 per day. That is a massive mix of injuries, pain, emotional stress and lost lives.
Auto accidents are the main source causing death among young people aged 15-28 years. Statistics show that over 70% of victims injured in car accidents require hospitalization and long-term treatment. Serious injuries include slipped discs, fractures, brain injuries, internal injuries, bone dislocation and even death.
In case you are harmed in an auto accident because of an alternate driver's carelessness, there is no guarantee your hospital expenses will be secured by that driver's auto insurance agency; or, on the chance that you are paid, that you will be evenhandedly compensated.
So, in the event that you've been involved in a car accident, you ought to first contact your own insurance company. There are two options here. Maybe you live in a no-fault state and your insurance agency will take care of your claim (you will not need to prove someone caused the accident – however, you can still sue the other driver). Or maybe you live in a fault state where it depends on faulty driver’s insurance business to pay for your injuries and car repairs (only if it’s insurance company agrees you are innocent).
Here it gets tricky. In both types of states, you will need an auto accident attorney to help you sue the other driver in case of serious injuries. These being said, you ought to think about hiring an accident attorney if:
- You claim money for pain and enduring/suffering
- The driver who caused the accident was underinsured/uninsured
- The other driver's insurance agency questions its customer guilt
When To Hire An Auto Accident Attorney
Here are some great guidelines for when you may require an auto accident attorney. Call one if:
- You have wounds/injuries that may oblige surgery or long term medication, for instance, exercise based recovery
- Your wounds and injuries may leave you impaired forever, with long-term repercussions
- Your wounds have made you miss more than a couple of days of work
- You have any kind of head or brain damage
- The other driver's attorney contacts you to discuss a quick settlement, on the grounds that you should have your lawyer to negotiate things for you (you will need an attorney in order to avoid rash decisions)
- The future medical costs resulting from the car accident injury are high and are not compensated by the other driver’s insurance
When Not To Hire An Auto Accident Attorney
Don't call a personal auto accident lawyer if your auto collision injuries are minor. Hiring an accident attorney for a wounded knee or arm abrasions will not justify the legal expenses.
Benefits of Hiring An Auto Accident Attorney
Maybe you have had an accident and doctors found herniated or slipped discs. Maybe you have some sort of fracture. Maybe some internal bleeding. There are numerous types of serious injuries when it comes to car accidents: brain injury, ligament tears, shoulder, hip or knee dislocation or even death. Let’s find out together which are the benefits of hiring an auto accident professional.
- Knowledge of Personal Injury Laws
Particular damage and injury laws differ by state, and particular circumstance. Unless you are a law student or car accident attorney, you are likely new to all the laws relating to personal injury claims.
- Ability To Negotiate Reasonable Compensation
Having information of individual injury laws is basic to receiving reasonable payment from your insurance agency.
Since insurance agencies benefit by under remunerating harmed persons, numerous organizations will naturally offer a lower compensation to people not working with a particular auto accident attorney. Hence, numerous individuals choose to contract particular accident attorneys even before they have been offered a settlement.
- Fair Representation in Court
It is one of the most important aspects when dealing with such things. Still, numerous others just contract an auto accident attorney when they look to debate a case. For instance, in the event that you have been offered an individual harm settlement you believe is unfair, a particular injury attorney can debate this settlement in a court of law. In this way, your case will get the best possible representation in court.
Want a free consultation? Click here! Call Now: 877-876-4093.